The sketchy and inconsistent blog of Bethie Engstrom...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Brian Jacques - forever to be remembered

"Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us."  -BJ
 Died February 5, 2011

 I can still remember the first time I picked up Brian Jacques book, Redwall at the age of 12 ("wot, wot"). I was captivated into the first chapter. To this day, I hold the series close to me, as well as his Castaway series that got me hooked on legends and myths.

"I love book signings: kids waiting in line for you to scribble on their new books, haha!" -BJ
To Mr. Jacques, thanks to a man who made childhood something to look back on with found memories, and to put a love of reading into us. For replying to mail - even when later you realize he most likely couldn't even read half of it due to spelling mistakes. For remembering how it was at his age.

To the memory of Brian Jacques. Let the cry of victory ring forth "Eulaliiiaaaaaaaa!"
                                                             Prayers and Blessings to the family.

"I am that is, my sword shall wield for me."

2 comments:

Celtic Traveler said...

no. pleaee say it's not so.

A Reformed Hippie said...

Wow, that is so sad. I remember reading Redwall for the first time a year ago.