The sketchy and inconsistent blog of Bethie Engstrom...

Friday, March 19, 2010

I shall lamely title this as... "bookmark"

Medium: watercolor

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better then money will get you through times of no libraries"

That's the quote that I wrote on this bookmark (if you can't see it -really bad angle, so sorry), along with a detailed sketch of a dollar bill and a quarter and nickle. This was a very fun craft to do and even though it did take some time to sketch out the bill it was well worth the time. This was a gift for one of my dear, and library attending friends for her birthday. ... I think she liked it. =)

Well, I hope this encourages all of you artist out there, as well as writers (make some more quotes worthy of bookmarks!!!).

3 comments:

Lèrowen said...

That is the coolest thing ever. I wish I could watercolor that well. *sighs*
I love that quote too. Did it take you long to make the bookmark?

Smiles,
Lèrowen

emily said...

Cool bookmark! Even cooler quote!

Jare said...

Thanks you both! =)