The sketchy and inconsistent blog of Bethie Engstrom...

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chilling thought

Here is a quote that my sister shared with me recently.

What if we woke up tomorrow with only the things we thanked God for today?

 It is such a chilling thought for me because I've come to realize that I am a complainer and whiner when it comes to prayers, asking why did that have to happen, what can't this, whine, whine, whine. I don't thank God for my family enough, for the sky, for air, for arms! And he's the one who gave me all, even though I'm such an ungrateful wretch that is like a spoiled animal that takes and takes and never gives back. This will change. It must. I'm posting this because it's good for me to put this out there and have it public, but also to share this and open eyes of others that have been doing the same thing as me. With my ever merciful savior, I know that there is a way for me to be saved.

Don't forget to give thanks.