The sketchy and inconsistent blog of Bethie Engstrom...

Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Are you from Canada?" "...no..."

I totally know this is true, becasue I have been asked before if I'm from Canada (and Wisconsin...).
Fun.
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central
"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.
The West
The Midland
Boston
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

1 comment:

Antonia said...

Haha. After reading this post I did this quiz as well to find out what American accent I have. ;)

My result: Philadelphia

"Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard."

I think that's hilarious :D
Now I'd like to hear someone from Philadelphia talking to find out how it sounds.
And of course, I actually have a German accent ;)