The sketchy and inconsistent blog of Bethie Engstrom...

Monday, May 23, 2011

just a few picturers from the Last Frontier...

First off, it is so incredibly gorgeous here. I can't get over these mountains around us.



And seeing as I was visiting family... and I have a certain uncle who has a obsession collection of guns - I was able to shoot off a few of them...


;D

 I was also able to go to the rescue type zoo here. Here are just a few of the many critters.

The most playful looking Wolverine...


One of six gray Wolves (yeah, I got a video of them running all together but I can't upload it here while still in Alaska - the connection is too slow)


A Brown bear...

And a close up on ones claws - take a look how BIG and LONG they are! Scary!


Okay - and is this not the coolest/jazzy looking camel e.v.e.r?  Its a Bactrian Camel - I like him... =)

Anyhow, it's bed time for me here - I'm leaving in the morning for sweet ol' Washington. Can't wait to get back home again - but I will miss it here.  I've had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Tammie Lee said...

wow, what an interesting looking camel. very cool to see a wolverine and your practicing shooting.