The sketchy and inconsistent blog of Bethie Engstrom...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

LIFE

Life
It tends to leave you standing in the middle of life's roadway, amongst all of the settling dust swirling around you.

Most things happen fast, and you're left just standing (or most of the time slumped) there, or, it-just-won't-ennnnddddd!

But what to do. When things go wrong? What do you do when your mom's baby dies? What do you do when your dad is ill? What do you do when the whole house is a emotional tangled mess? What do you do when you don't know were your feet are leading you?

So many times I catch myself falling into despair- don't want to leave the house, don't want to talk to any body, or respond to emails. Put on a fake face and go about my day. But afterwards. I myself feel fake.

"Put it away! Throw the mask of pettiness away forever!" I tell myself. "Let people see you as you are - not who you aren't!" Watch the sunrise, and see the beauty in it, see it set and have it all renewed. Hear the birds sing everyday, day in and day out. They don't stop - why should we?
"I think the only way to get through this life is laughing hard and constantly, mostly at myself."
I now understand this quote by author Shannon Hale and have begun to love it.

Wanna know how to get through life? Here are two of many ingredients:

Laugh. Breathe. Repeat.

2 comments:

A Reformed Hippie said...

I love you. And I am praying for you.

"Don't be ashamed to weep; 'tis only right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and friut connot grow without water. But there must be sunshine also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us." B.J.

Bethie Engstrom said...

I love that quote. Makes me feel all tingly inside. Love you!