The sketchy and inconsistent blog of Bethie Engstrom...

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"Forever an Undying Dream"


Medium: sketch and watercolors


This photo is not good at all, sorry if you can't see. I think you can click on it.

This is one of the few little sketches of mine that I have titled. I was feeling like nothing in my life would ever change. That my dreams would just stay as that-dreams.
But a dream is something you wish for, but also strive for. Sometimes you can't just wait for it to happen, but you have to go out and try and get it yourself.
I have never had watercolor lessons (or drawing for that matter), so it's sloppy I know-but that's just another dream that I have taken for myself. The love of art, to master it, to have joy in it. To actually finish something! =)

Any feedback?

3 comments:

Antonia said...

I love how you use the colour. The woman looks amazing. I like the dress, the hair and the face!
Great work!

Lèrowen said...

I think that painting is beautiful. The way the colors are chosen make the painting stand out. I love it.

I hope your dream of lessons will come.

Logan said...

I am really enjoying the artwork here. It's wonderful to see our artistic output change and evolve over time...

Keep creating!